Tuesday, December 10, 2013

 

2013's Christmas Strip Starts Tomorrow

It's that time of year once again, when we take a breather from obscure comic strips and focus on ... more obscure comic strips.

Starting tomorrow we will begin a complete reprinting of the 1937 King Features Christmas strip, Santa Claus and Company. The strip was penned by Royal King Cole, who did a number of these holiday short-run strips. Cole always had a knack for bringing the surreal and bizarre to these strips, and Santa Claus and Company is certainly no slouch in the department of being kookie. I think Mr. Cole might just have been an early adopter of that stuff they just legalized in Colorado and Washington state.

I was lucky enough to score a complete run of this strip on syndicate proofs, from which these images are made. I hope you enjoy the strip!

Labels:


Comments:
Hey Allan-- I'm not a lawyer, but may I offer some judicious advice:
Never--ever follow a statement like...
I think Mr. Cole might just have been an early adopter of that stuff they just legalized in Colorado and Washington state.
with another statement that begins...
I was lucky enough to score a....

 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]