Friday, April 28, 2017

 

Wish You Were Here, from Zim


Here's a divided-back postcard from the great Zim -- Eugene Zimmerman -- who I gather published his own postcards for a while. Leastways, the only identifying information on this card on the reverse is a logo of a walking man carrying a giant something-or-other with the letters "Z - I - M" on it. As Zim had a good entrepreneurial streak, it wouldn't surprise me that he set out on his own to make some bucks off the postcard fad.

For those young whippersnappers who don't get the joke, don't feel bad. Only great grandpa would probably know that in the bad old days a "grip" was a soft-sided suitcase, and "the grippe" was a bad cold or flu.

Labels:


Comments:
I'm really enjoying your postcard posts! You have a great, and looks like extensive collection. Thanks for sharing them.
 
This is actually published by H.G. Zimmerman of Chicago. They also had some art by someone who went by "D.P. Crane" but I don't know who that is. Great art on this one!
-Evan Schad
 
Thanks for setting me straight on the publisher, Evan! -- Allan
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]