Tuesday, December 28, 2010

 

Obscurity of the Day: Songs of Christmas



Hope you all had a good Christmas and Festivus! I for one had enough holiday cheer to keep me warm despite a really long cold snap here in Florida (yeah, I know, all you folks up north feel terribly sorry for me).

So here in the afterglow of another holiday season, let's have one more Christmas feature before we put this one to bed. Here's the first two episodes of Songs of Christmas, the NEA Christmas strip for 1951. It ran daily from December 3 to 22. Walt Scott, who did many of NEA's specials, contributed an interesting one about the origins of various Christmas carols. As usual, when Scott does something serious he switches over to his straight illustration style, very polished but rather bloodless to my eyes.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]